Mar 6, 2020
3/6: Statement Regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Statement Regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The health and safety of ExtraMile Arena guests, event participants and employees are a top priority for Boise State University. We are monitoring this evolving situation and will follow guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local and state public health authorities and event organizers. There is currently no change to scheduled events. If we receive information that impacts scheduled events, we will communicate those changes.
To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, ExtraMile Arena is equipped with hand sanitizing stations, sanitizing wipes and educational signage. Additionally, custodians are regularly disinfecting high traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces.
For current information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus):
National - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Idaho - Coronavirus.Idaho.Gov
The CDC recommends everyday preventative actions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.