ExtraMile Arena | Response To COVID-19
ExtraMile Arena | Response To COVID-19
The health and safety of guests, event participants and employees are a top priority for ExtraMile Arena and Boise State University.
We are monitoring this evolving situation and will follow guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local and state public health authorities and event organizers. As part of our commitment to help protect each of our valued guests and team members, we are taking the following precautions in response to COVID-19.
In response to COVID-19, we have implemented many enhanced cleaning measures that reflect and/or exceed the recommended standards of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). All high touch and high traffic areas are being cleaned, sanitized and disinfected frequently.
Our 3-Layer Process:
- Pre-Event / Class and Day-To-Day Operations: daily sanitizing and disinfecting of high-traffic areas and areas which have had contact
- During the Event / Class: Maintenance of facility disinfection of high-traffic areas and areas which have had contact
- Post Event / Class: Facility restoration, complete sanitation and disinfection of all public areas
Cleaning Protocol Includes:
- Affected Areas include seating areas, restrooms, handrails, offices, meeting rooms, equipment, elevators and other high-traffic areas and touch points prior to each event/class
- Cleaning to remove dirt and impurities from surfaces through wiping, scrubbing and mopping which may lower germ counts prior to disinfecting
- Sanitizing using chemicals to reduce bacteria and spread of viruses
- Disinfecting with chemicals to inactivate microorganisms on surfaces and objects that can cause infections
- Personal Protective Equipment in the form of gloves, masks, face shields, coveralls and booties are being utilized by our Housekeeping Staff as these levels of protocol are maintained
- Training of our staff is essential. New and updated cleaning protocol has been adapted in our Employee Handbook, Housekeeping Staff are completing OSHA courses related to standards for cleaning and illness prevention, PPE guidelines from the CDC are continuously reviewed and Exposure Control Plans train staff on how to minimize bio hazard exposure
- Documentation of health and safety practices and enhanced cleaning protocols have been created, administered and tracked to ensure all staff on site have been properly trained
- All event /classroom set ups will be utilizing social distancing, barriers, floor spacing signage
- Sanitizing Stations will be in place on the concourses for guest use
- Instructional Signage has been installed throughout the facility to guide and protect our guests
Most of our team members are still working remotely. As staff transition to an on-site team approach to be able to facilitate in-person instruction on behalf of Boise State University, we are being intentional about structuring teams in shifts to allow maximum distancing.
We are actively communicating with team members about safety protocol. In addition to tracking building access by employee, our team has been and continues to be briefed on the below measures.
The Following Measures Are Now In Place:
- Education is occurring on an on-going basis related to symptoms of COVID-19 and how to best prevent the spread of disease while also minimizing exposure to others
- Temperature checks are required of each staff member prior to arriving on campus
- Social Distancing practices, per CDC recommendations, will be followed by team members at all times
- Hand Washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds encouraged with signage throughout the facility
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by staff at all times in adherence to state and local regulations, as well as any visiting parties due to business need
- Disinfecting of Shared Equipment is occurring prior to first use, between users and at the conclusion of each shift/day. Full cleaning protocol identified in ‘Facility Cleaning’ section
- A Team Structured Approach is being utilized to ensure that no more than one representative of a functional area is on-site at any given time. Our team will maintain a phased approach to on-site work to ensure that minimal staff are on-site at once.
We recognize that these are unsettling times and we want guests to know that their safety and well-being are our first priority. Measures in place are to ensure the safety of all guests, staff and members of the Boise State and surrounding communities.
- Social Distancing practices, per CDC recommendations, will be followed on stairways, inside elevators, at event entrances, on concourses, in restrooms, at concession areas and in seating sections. In most cases, these traffic areas are marked with either “One Way” signs, or two different colors of tape with arrows indicating unilateral traffic patterns.
- Hand Washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is vital to help stop the spread of virus and guests are encouraged to wash their hands after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching face, blowing nose, smoking, eating or drinking
- Sanitizing Stations with hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant cleaning cloths will be available on concourses and we encourage guests to use them
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the form of masks is REQUIRED of each and every person seeking admission into the facility
- Food and Drink consumption is not permitted during the event / class
- Assigned Seating is required for all classes. Students have been assigned seats in advance and that seat will be the student's for the entirety of the semester.
- Entry and Exits will be clearly marked and located in separate areas to avoid cross over of incoming and exiting guests
- Gathering of groups before, during or after an event /class is discouraged so that staff can sanitize for next class
- Queue lines to enter will be managed using common methods such as lines marked on the ground, rope and stanchions, fencing or bike rack, in combination with workers who provide information about anticipated wait time and ingress procedure and also enforce social distancing
- Not Feeling Well...for the safety of other guests and team members, we ask you stay home if you are not feeling well
A MESSAGE FROM EXTRAMILE ARENA:
At ExtraMile Arena, hundreds of staff members work tirelessly to support the Arena’s mission of bringing world class creativity, competition and celebration to life. For the moment, our hallowed halls of celebration sit empty, waiting patiently as our community bands together to flatten the curve.
“During this difficult time, we miss the smiling faces of our employees and the opportunity to work side-by-side to create extraordinary events. Until we can come together again to celebrate once-in-a-lifetime achievements, sing at the top of our lungs or cheer on our Broncos, remember that we are stronger together and we will get through this.” - Lisa Cochran - Executive Director of ExtraMile Arena.
We look forward to opening the doors again and welcoming you back soon!